Polo Sport - Polo Club - Polo ponies - Players
Equipment - The field - Notable players - Handicap players
The Anthropology Of Citizenship
The Anthropology of Citizenship introduces the theoretical foundations of and cutting edge approaches to citizenship in the contemporary world, in local, national and global contexts. Key readings provide a cross-cultural perspective on citizenship practices, and an individual citizen?s relationship with the state.
- Introduces a range of exciting and cutting edge approaches to citizenship in the contemporary world
- Provides key readings for students and researchers who wish to gain an understanding of citizenship practices, and an individual?s relationship with the state in a global context
- Offers an anthropological perspective on citizenship, the self and political agency, with a focus on encounters between citizens and the state in education, law, development, and immigration policy
- Provides students with an understanding of the theoretical foundations of citizenship, as characterized by liberal and civic republican ideas of political belonging and exclusion
- Explores how citizenship is constructed at different scales and in different spaces
- Twenty-five key writings identify what is a new and vibrant subfield within politics and anthropological research
Pastel: Horses And Ponies
In this comprehensive and inspiring instruction book, professional artist Lesley Harrison shares her artistic insights and techniques for creating breathtakingly realistic equine artwork in pastel.
The book opens with essential information on tools, materials, color theory, and fundamental pastel techniques, introducing beginners to everything they need to get started right away. Then Lesley guides readers through eight easy-to-follow lessons, with helpful tips each step of the way.
About the Author
Lesley Harrison is known for her realistic yet fresh portraits of animals in pastel and oil. Over the years, she has received a number of professional honors and awards for her technical excellence. Recently, for the third consecutive year, the Pastel Society of the West Coast recognized her for her contribution to pastel as an artistic medium. She is also a member of the exclusive Pastel Society of America. Lesley lives in beautiful Sutter Creek, CA.